SALAY, MIS. OR., 2021, Feb 18 — The Local Government Unit of Salay headed by Mayor Jun Capistrano together with the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MDRRMO) conducted an Emergency Meeting in preparation for Tropical Storm “Auring”. Action planning and other risk reduction management planning were done during the meeting in preparation for the possible disasters/damages that the Tropical Storm “Auring” will cause.
Present were the 18 Barangay Captains of Salay and LGU-Salay Technical Working Group (TWG). All the 18 Barangay Captains were asked to prepare and do a risk assessment of each of the barangays.
The Office of Civil Defense, in partnership with the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, shared the following reminders on what individuals need to consider to prepare for typhoons, earthquakes, and other natural disasters during the pandemic.
- Monitor weather updates from reputable news sources on radio, television, and the internet.
- Inspect your home and check for damage that needs to be repaired.
- Prepare a ‘go bag’ or a disaster kit.
- Save emergency hotlines on your mobile phone.
- Know designated evacuation sites in your barangay.
- Remember BIDA:
- Bawal ang walang face mask (Don’t go out without a face mask)
- I-sanitize ang kamay at umiwas sa paghawak sa mga bagay (Sanitize your hands and avoid touching surfaces)
- Dumistansya nang isang metro (Observe one-meter physical distancing)
- Alamin ang totoong impormasyon (Check out verified sources of information)
Salayanos, we are asking you to be vigilant, be updated and pay attention to the latest weather info and heed warnings.
We ask for your cooperation and let us continue to pray for the safety of everybody and this Tropical Storm “Auring” will recede.
Buswak pa, Salay!