SALAY, MIS. OR., 2021, Feb 8 — The Salay Local Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) conducted an Emergency Meeting spearheaded by Mayor Jun Capistrano, addressing the issues and concerns with regards to the alarming increase of the new recorded confirmed cases of COVID-19 in just a short span of time here in the municipality. Present during the Emergency Meeting was the 18 Barangay Captains of Salay.
They also conducted action planning and discussed additional guidelines including its strict implementation meant to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our municipality.
Initial guidelines discussed are the following:
- No masses and other religious activities.
- No religious gatherings of other religious sectors.
- No activities in Salay (Araw, Fiesta, Anniversaries, and etc.).
- No other gatherings.
- No Weddings including Civil Weddings.
- Resorts (Matampa Pines “Little Baguio”, VMW, Pilwak Beach and Shades, Ampenican Beach “Lusasim”) and other Tourist-related establishments will be closed (Effective Wednesday until further notice).
- No Billiards, Cockfighting “Sabong”, Videoke, Tennis, and other sports activities.
- Strong police visibility will be imposed (Coastal Barangays).
- Tanods of 18 barangays in full force.
- Imposed strict minimum health protocols in all “Karinderyas”.
- No operations of Day Care Centers (Day Care Centers will be used as quarantine facilities).